Transforming Lives Through the Power of the Word
KNEO Radio operates in the Neosho-Joplin area of Southwest Missouri on the 91.7 FM signal. It is KNEO’s duty to provide you with the programming you need to be an informed Christian.
In the day we now live in, it seems that hearing the Word of God is rare. Many substitutes are offered from many pulpits across the land, but here at KNEO, our mission is clear: impact society, never compromise the message of the Gospel, and be flexible with the methods used to get the Word out. Times change, and so do people- but God’s Word never changes!
KNEO is more than just a radio station. We are doing what we can with the time and resources God has given us to reach into our communities and make a difference for eternity.
What We Do
- We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- We broadcast thousands of sermons, Bible teachings, Christian news and interviews each year.
- We air dozens of programs that can’t be heard on any other radio station in the area.
- We partner with multiple local schools to broadcast high school sports in audio and video. The KNEO Sports Network is the broadcast home for Webb City, Neosho, Seneca and McDonald County athletics. We’re dedicated to serving and building relationships with our local community. Visit our Sports page for more information on what we offer.
- Each Monday night, KNEO holds a prayer gathering on the Neosho Square. During warm months of the year, we meet on the Newton County Courthouse Lawn. In the colder months, we gather at the Civic Center (Neosho Municipal Auditorium).
- We sponsor the Community Christmas Dinner in Neosho, MO, on Christmas Day, which provides meals to hundreds of people.
- We are also the local drop-off location for Operation Christmas Child. If you live in Newton or McDonald County, we invite you to bring us a shoe box of gifts during collection week in November. We partner with the Samaritan’s Purse ministry to send those out all over the world.
- Every March, we hold our Listener Appreciation Night, with food and a concert for those who support our ministry throughout the year. For the past several years, it has been hosted by Joplin Family Worship Center.
- We also work with local and state political leaders to provide legislative updates to the citizens they serve.
- We serve our local community by video webcasting the Lighting in the Park and the Neosho Christmas Parade, as well as providing daily updates from the Newton County Fair.
What We Believe
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- The doctrine of the Trinity: there is one true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ- His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, and His substitutional death. We believe He rose from the dead, ascended to the Father, and is coming again someday.
- There is a destiny of both the saved and the lost: the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to eternal death in hell.
- Salvation is offered through no other name and atonement than Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross.
- The Gospel is the message of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus- not of any good work.
- The Great Commission of the church is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every creature.
- In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ until He comes again.
KNEO began in 1986 as an outreach of Abundant Life Assembly of God in Neosho. The station started on the 91.5 FM frequency, and its message was broadcasted from a 70-foot tower on top of the church for 12 hours a day.
Shortly after Bill Nichols became the pastor of the church in 1987, KNEO became a full-time radio station. In 1990, it expanded the signal another 10-15 miles.
In 1994, KNEO moved to our present location on Highway 86, west of Neosho. It changed its signal at this time to 91.7 FM and built a 340-foot tower. The station also upgraded the power from 380 watts to 2,760 watts, which boosted its broadcast to a 35-mile radius.
In 2000, Mark and Sue Taylor founded Sky High Broadcasting Corporation, which today owns KNEO Radio. The station had another power increase in 2004, which expanded the signal to a 50-mile radius. In 2008, they boosted it again to 14,000 watts, which now gives it a 65-mile radius and encompasses approximately 650,000 people.
In the past few years, KNEO has also implemented some building expansions to add office spaces, a storm shelter, a generator, and much-needed storage. The station also just completed construction of a new 340-foot freestanding tower with a new antenna, which will serve the area for many years to come.